6.20.2013

Ego Ámo Te Pápá

I am fortunate enough to writing this note. I've been rooting to writing you a note. It is only now it was realized.

Listen father: I, a son of yours, had been very glad that you are my father. All these years I kept wondering what kind of life will I have if you didn't take the responsibility fathering us, your children.

Everyday, when you kneel to pray to God, you seem to mention my name to Him and whisper "God, bless my child." You kneel before Him and recite many more prayers, without failing to mention your child.

That was much the good and fine and true in your character. Despite the many blows on my part you never failed to express that fatherly love on yours. The mistakes I did in the past, although I feel shame for it, I am at the same time proud to admit it because any shortcomings I make you never faltered to guide rather show me the character of real father disciplining a son.

And the simple things, not washing the dishes when mother orders it, not cleaning my room when  filled with untidiness, and even spilling a milk from a glass. Sometimes I get hot at you when you reprimand me, when you impose your authority and shame me in front of my friends. I walk out, my tails between my legs. The sad part, I misunderstood your motive in doing so.

Pa, all these years, I never tried to tell you I appreciate everything you did for me, and to the rest of my siblings. The hated arguments and scoldings I detest every time we're face with it. What I failed to realize you did it for our own good, and not of yours.

Happy Father's day Pa.

In behalf of my siblings, I'd like to say we love you. We've grown enough now and about to take our own chosen path, we shall decide what to settle for ourselves. But we are still your babies. Yesterday we were at our mother's arms, our heads on her shoulder. we shall continue learning from you and live within your guidance. Love and fear of God were the greatest things you shared us.



Sincerely,
your son.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments. Let me know what's on your mind, and leave a name.