Days from now will be a start of a new year. 2014 is leaving, 2015 is coming. This year was a BIG one.
Of course this year wouldn't be a big big year for me if not because of the wonderful people whom I met and sparked my life with tremendous energy and learning and experiences. I will name the ones that I gladly appreciate and consider them my life's game-changers this year. This blog post is all about them.
To Nuria, whose principles at work is so different to mine but learned to appreciate the differences. Also, shouldering responsibilities was her legacy to me. She also showed me, not just taught me, never taking things personally, especially at work.
To Nuria, whose principles at work is so different to mine but learned to appreciate the differences. Also, shouldering responsibilities was her legacy to me. She also showed me, not just taught me, never taking things personally, especially at work.
To ate Michelle, a crazy sister-like to me at work whose words are ripe and whose advise I can count on. To tell you, it was only you at work who can advise in a very subtle manner I don't even find any reasons to resist.
To ate Sassi and ate Riena, brilliant psychologists, you stored much information on my brain and now I'm using it in my everyday encounter with people. You taught me well on the field of my interest.
To Kit, a brother of mine, for the drinking sessions which we cherish dearly releasing some of our inhibitions and sharing thoughts that are sometimes foreign to me. Topics that revolves on business, sometimes girls, sometimes work, sometimes our sentiments on someone. And also for the good advises. Kabalo na ko magbisaya bro.
To ate Sassi and ate Riena, brilliant psychologists, you stored much information on my brain and now I'm using it in my everyday encounter with people. You taught me well on the field of my interest.
To Kit, a brother of mine, for the drinking sessions which we cherish dearly releasing some of our inhibitions and sharing thoughts that are sometimes foreign to me. Topics that revolves on business, sometimes girls, sometimes work, sometimes our sentiments on someone. And also for the good advises. Kabalo na ko magbisaya bro.
To my first partner at the tent, Erika, with whom I had spent a considerable amount of work time(6months), I consider you a blessing this year. You didn't just put a mark to my life this year but also unconsciously challenged me to go out of my comfort zone and explore more the other worlds, especially the complicated world of girls.
To ate Joy, for being very good at details and for showing how to sort out and organize papers and documents. You compensated the weakness I had when we were partners. My current struggle up to now.
To JC, no words to describe here how much you had helped me in my down moments, caused by my own flaws. Your personality mirrors mine I hadn't had a hard time to get along with you. And the legacy that we always talk about, we might find it someday in the journey. I remember Steve Jobs' words "Here's to the crazy ones- the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers... they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do."
To JC, no words to describe here how much you had helped me in my down moments, caused by my own flaws. Your personality mirrors mine I hadn't had a hard time to get along with you. And the legacy that we always talk about, we might find it someday in the journey. I remember Steve Jobs' words "Here's to the crazy ones- the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers... they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do."
And also for the Let's-take-walk talks, my fine and best talks ever. Since my defenses are down when we walk I get always to open up what's really in my thoughts. I hope you appreciate it now when I suggest that we take a walk instead of just being in a coffee shop.
To Ruby(the storm), for testing my resiliency this year.
To my parents, the best parents in the world. And to Angelo, my 1-year-old nephew, our source of joy at home.
To my Grandmother, for enlightening my mind in my frustration and disappointment times. And for imparting the fine wisdom that got ripe with the many years passed.
To ate Ethel, my corny supervisor who always call me corny. Also, a good friend.
To Jonathan and Ayessa, my family in Tacloban, for believing in me.
To Flory, my team leader and my good friend who cares enough. The team survey wouldn't be a success without your leadership. And also, for helping me in some of my personal struggles.
To kuya Marco and ate Portia, my big brother image at work. Also, the year was filled with humor and laughter because of you. You always spark fun when you are around.
Love and Care.
To Ruby(the storm), for testing my resiliency this year.
To my parents, the best parents in the world. And to Angelo, my 1-year-old nephew, our source of joy at home.
To my Grandmother, for enlightening my mind in my frustration and disappointment times. And for imparting the fine wisdom that got ripe with the many years passed.
To ate Ethel, my corny supervisor who always call me corny. Also, a good friend.
To Jonathan and Ayessa, my family in Tacloban, for believing in me.
To Flory, my team leader and my good friend who cares enough. The team survey wouldn't be a success without your leadership. And also, for helping me in some of my personal struggles.
To kuya Marco and ate Portia, my big brother image at work. Also, the year was filled with humor and laughter because of you. You always spark fun when you are around.
To brod Migs, brother in fraternity for consistently showing his good examples of leadership and entrepreneurial skills. I envy you sometimes brod.
To my siblings, for allowing yourselves to be influenced by me. Though I'm your youngest you are taking time to learn now from me.
To blano Lope, my notorious-to-girls cousin, my wingman who unconsciously encouraged me to exercise fluidity of spirit --vital to living. In times when you are in my company I feel like sometimes my hormones are in perfect shape capable of adapting any current situation.
To Marble, the lovely chick, who has passion for arts and painting. It makes me happy to know there are still people who pursues their passion in life. If you are reading this, keep doing what you love doing. It makes you more attractive.
To SJN-HUMILITY '07, my Highschool classmates. Special mention here: MP, Baba, Adrian, Mark Anruh, Kim, Bate, Melon, and Rotsen, for the never-ending laughters and shenanigans on our gatherings. You rock my balls.
To ate Nancy, my friendly neighborhood who takes good care of my house when I'm away, and for keeping me updated of the reliefs and cash assistance in the Brgy.
To blano Benjames, a good example of leader who mixes pride and humility in leadership. A rare breed one.
To SJN-HUMILITY '07, my Highschool classmates. Special mention here: MP, Baba, Adrian, Mark Anruh, Kim, Bate, Melon, and Rotsen, for the never-ending laughters and shenanigans on our gatherings. You rock my balls.
To ate Nancy, my friendly neighborhood who takes good care of my house when I'm away, and for keeping me updated of the reliefs and cash assistance in the Brgy.
To blano Benjames, a good example of leader who mixes pride and humility in leadership. A rare breed one.
To my Beneficiaries at tent/catchment, for allowing me to get inside your skin. I am grateful for everything you shared me. You supplied me with a rich material in writing my book.
To kuya Norman, my first cousin and soon-to-be a Lawyer whose principles in life is centered on reasoning and girls. When he unleashes his words they are piercing and overwhelming sometimes you will believe his lies. He has also a nice philosophy in life and tremendous wit and humor. He mixes lies and truth sometimes you will believe them as all truth. Man, you are one twisted fuck.
To Agustin Uy, for showing me the true meaning of entrepreneurship. A businessman by heart.
"If I had been able to see further, it is because I stood in the shoulders of the giants," Sir Isaac Newton said once. The people or the group of people mentioned above are my giants. And I hope I had also been a part, even only to a tiny piece of your life this year. Thank you thank you ang babaet ninyo.
So here's to you:
Cheers!
Editor's note: I look forward to the people that will come into my life this coming year.


No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear your comments. Let me know what's on your mind, and leave a name.