Im coming to a point of deciding ultimately for my self. But my mind is filled with mindsets from the past. The culture they formed in me from the people I interacted in the past is haunting me. I feel I'm being dragged to their control and own culture. Parents, relatives, peers, school influence, etc.. These things had been my deciding factors instead of asking myself first.
I sit in this bench quietly, the noise outside coming from the vehicles passing the shop would at time bring me to the present from deep thinking. I shifted my weight to the right to feel my body and release the tension of the left side from getting numb. I'm alone here with just a willpower and a music of Ed Sheeran titled "Photograph".
Suddenly I remembered this man Viktor Frankl, the existential psychiatrist who believed on the willpower of every man.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our responce. In our response lies our growth and freedom"
I didn't get much excitement remembering the quotation, but I had again a clue for what will be the deciding factor that I am yet to take for my self.
At this age, 24, it's hard and tough and practically needs more willpower to go outside my comfort zone. But I'm trying.
Love and care.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear your comments. Let me know what's on your mind, and leave a name.