12.12.2010

A Movie Review: Charlie St. Cloud

So I came up with this review entitled Charlie St.Cloud. I actually was not planning to post a review of this movie, but since I got mad at the stunningly terrible story, I confusedly got convinced to make one. The movie gave an exemplary setting of how the main character deal with the real meaning of manhood. It once and for all proved that real men are not proven through sex intoxication and some profane acts of virility but by being true to self and taking life into chances.

The movie
The novel from where the movie was based

I've seen movies overtly entertaining but this one was some kind of sort and apparently hilarious to those who have been watching shit-tarded Predators and The Expendables. Kind of the most promising movie I ever watched(I shit you not).

The story revolved around a dork named Charlie St.Cloud. Yes you heard it right, that surname sounds very unfamiliar and stabbing(His son will surely kill him for giving that surname with no significant namesake but is absolutely like a saintly-sexual innuendo). Anyway, Charlie(Zach Efron) as the main man of the game really was a fat ass who does nothing but obey his mother's orders which one of which is to be a big brother to his little sibling named Sam. That had always been his routine task for his sick entire life...to be the official babysitter of Sam.

One time, An incident happened that forever changed his life. They met an accident while roaming the town for a trip. Sam gave up in that accident and did not make it. While Charlie being the lucky freak was able to witness how is it to die. He had a quick experience of being a dead, be back and reincarnated to a new him. With that happening he also gained an extra gift, that is seeing the spirits of the people who passed away. I mean, this movie was not about superpowers or some sci-fi interactions, it showed how Indiscriminately things happen even if they don't actually exist but because faith keeps the work and believing everything in life is with a purpose.

So the thrill goes on with the monotonous life of sick Charlie who can't leave the past. Not that he kept a promise to Sam never to leave him for better and for worse, but He was living a life with no one believes to be existing. Sam was gone long, but for five long years he still was after that. He still was in the aisle of unrealistic view, chasing him every now and then by the past overcome by his grief. He must be out of his world and live his life, retorted the man who revived him. He became so pathetic to those people who were really  living with him.

Then, all in a sudden, he met again this gal named Tess, a yacht competitor and a high school mate. This gorgeous intruder again put his life into test. No! erase it, erase it. Actually, it was not even a test, it was the reality he refuses to accept. Fuck you Charlie. Thank you Tess, you saved my day. later in the story, he was enlightened(I can't think of any word to describe,shit!). The emotional feelings they had for each other was the reason why Charlie changed. Through the dolorous intervention of the girl, Charlie the sick retard was really enlightened(fuck that word). Then he bid a heartfelt farewell to Sam who was now a memoir and decided to live a life with Tess for a good cause.

I do believe men are incredible beings. The measure to being a real man is on how you take your responsibility and how you give your word for it. Real men have faith, real men cry. And, real men are bitches!

With no intentional remorse, I do appreciate any kind of story like this because I'm conceited meek in the inside. For that, I raise my score to 9 for this movie. You surely will not believe how horrendous the movie was. For the gentle men out there, I mentally challenge you to dare shoot me a dart if I'm proven wrong. I've been proven wrong a trillion times, so now, I leave the decision to you. Prove me wrong and I blog no more...or you all have the freedom to fuck me like a whore.


I'm lonely.

I'm love sick.

Help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments. Let me know what's on your mind, and leave a name.